Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2005/01/04

Pain and blood

Hi doc
I'm 24 yrs old been married for two yrs. For the past 6 months my husband was went to Span for a short course bt when he came back we had sex almost everyday coz we missed it so badly.
A week down the line I noticed that when I went to the ladies I had a problem when I passed urine. Its not painful bt when I finish its like I'm reaching orgasm and then there are small trace of blood like fluid. A day after I noyice that I cant hold urine as much as I use to.
At the moment we are on a holiday bt I will be in town on Friday. Do I have to hurry up and get medical assistance or what.
I cant believe I'm asking this, can in be a STI, can he be cheating on me? Whats wrong with me, pls help.
Desperate!

Mandy, I doubt that it is an STD. It sounds more like a bladder infection (aka as honeymoon cystitis). :-) All you probably need to do is to have your urine tested and take an antibiotic. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Laura | 2005/01/04

If the blood is coming from your bladder it could be a bladder or kidney infection, hence your inability to hold urine.

However, if the bleeding is coming from your cervix, it is a far more serious problem.

Either way you need to see your doctor urgently.

You may also have "honeymoon cystitis". (This comes from having intercourse too frequently).

Reply to Laura