Question
Posted by: Maggie | 2008/01/07

Pain after cholecystectomy

I had my gall bladder removed a month ago and am still in quite bad pain. The pain is in exactly the same area as my removed gall bladder. It is like a huge lump which cramps up and then goes round into my back and although I get a day or so free from pain some days, most mornings I wake up with it. I had another scan done 5 days ago and it didnt show anything wrong.

I was told I seem to have adhesions from old surgery which may be inflammed, but its not that kind of pain. I was also told by the surgeon it sounds like an ulcer but its not that kind of pain and its in the wrong place.

I dont know what to do any more, as I can barely walk and no doctor seems to know what to tell me, except to keep waiting and see what happens. But its been a month already and I just seem to get worse with each week.

Hallo Maggie

other things that can cause a pain in the right upper abdomen except gallstones are:
Infection in the base of the lung or just under the diaphragm
Liverdisease
Pancreatitis
Kidney problems
Bowel problems
referred pain from peptic ulcer
Referred pain from pinched nerve in the back

Maybe you should get a second opinion from a gastroenterologist - an x/ray and blood tests for liverfunctions and pancreas enzymes may be useful as well as a gastroscopy to evaluate the inside of the stomach and upper small intestine. You may even have a stone stuck in the pancreatic tube that is causing the cramping!

2
Posted by: mandy | 2008/10/20

hello, i have a continuos cramping pain on m right side. Best way to explain the pain is, when you run and you get a cramp on your side. Have had it for the past two weeks already. if i sit down for long and stand up it is very sore, find it uncomfortable to lay down at night as it hurts. Have been diagnosed with an ulcer. My bowel movements are regular, every day or second day, three at the most i' d say. In august 2006 i had an autopic pregnancy in the right tube, fainted and fell, the doctor called in another doctor as they suspected i' d hurt the liver from the fall, internal bleeding was alot. Have had test done on everything and the doc found nothing. Could it be the ulcer?

Mandy Jones

Reply to mandy
Posted by: joey | 2008/05/20

I am just wondering what i can do, i have recently found out i have a sliding heiatis hernia that was on the 9 may 2008

and the week after the G Scope i got kidney and bladder infection....and my bladder still feels so uncomfortable

And i am still urinating like a waterfall, and i feel so bloated, and in pain.

I fell so uncomfortable and have pains on the bladder, on the left and right hand side

Reply to joey