Question
Posted by: Hanna | 2007/04/18

Pain after back operation

My mom had a back op recently and she is experiencing a lot of pain - she is using ebrufin and other tablets even sleeping tablets to ease the pain, but the moment she gets up to go to the bathroom or just to walk a few steps the pain is unbearable. Please advise what I could do as she does not have a full time caretaker as I am at work during the day, thank you very much

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Many patients do suffer from ongoing back pain after surgery - however if this persists, she should consult her family doctor or the surgeon who performed the operation. It is possible that she she also requires some physiotherapy to help her recovery. The physiotherapist can also advise on proper resting positions etc....