Posted by: Mary | 2008/11/04


I have ' Diverticulae Disease'  (blisters on my colon) what can I use for pain please.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hello Mary,
During an acute attack of diverticullitis, your health care provider may recommend a temporary low-fibre diet. Once the inflammation clears, you may slowly, you may slowly switch back to a high-fibre diet.

On the day of an acute attack, take 4 charcoal tablets or capsules with a large glass of water to absorb trapped gas. Always take charcoal seperately from medications and other suplements, and do not take for prolonged periods, as it absorbs beneficial nutrients.

To releive pain, massage the left side of the abdomen. Stand up and do stretching exercises.

When an acute attack begins, give yourself a cleansing enema using 2 quarts of lukewarm water and the juice of a fresh lemon. This helps to rid the colon of undigested and entrapped foods and to releive pain.

Best regards

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Mary | 2008/11/05

Thanks very much. Your feedback highly appreciated.

Reply to Mary

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.