Question
Posted by: Lin | 2008/05/30

Pain

I suffer from PCOS, and had a period every 4th month if I was lucky. I had a baby boy 2 years ago with the help of Clomid and other fertility meds. I wanted to fall pregnant asap after my 1st baby, but stopped the treatment about 8 months ago. Since then I've lost 18kg's.
It's 35 days now between each period. The thing is I have a terrible pain on my left side. It's like a stabbing pain. It only started when my period started. Should I go to a gynae?
Is 35 days normal? It's been 35 days (give or take a day) since I got my periods again (now 4 months).
Thanks for your time.

If it has been 35 days for the past 4 months, then this month is not unusual. With such a long cycle, you may not be ovulating, so you should see your doctor if you are planning a baby. The pain is probably period pain.

2
Posted by: Lin | 2008/05/30

No, I haven't. I've never had it before. It is realy painful, but I dont want to go to the doc unnecessarily.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Sara | 2008/05/30

Your menstrual cycles can be in 21; 28 or 35 days - so that is normal. Have u consulted a Gynae for the pains yet?

Reply to Sara