Question
Posted by: G | 2004/11/15

Pain

Hi there,

I'm a 28 yr old male, fairly fit. Problem is that 3 weeks ago I started to get a dull pain on my left side just under the ribs at the bottom of my rib cage. Suppose you could say that it occurs one hand away from my belly button to the left, if that makes sense.

It's not a painful pain just very irritating and it will last for a few minutes and will then go away. Probably get it about 3 times a day if not more. What do you think could be causing this?

Thanks.

G, it is difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to examine you. It might be due to your intestines or even your kidney, but I can’t think of anything serious that might be the cause. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.