Posted by: Advice pls! | 2004/11/04


Hi, I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend. She has been experiencing pain during intercourse for most of this year and isn't sure what to do. For the first couple of years we had a great sex life but this year we've been struggling due to the pain. She has been to her Gynae twice to have a checkup and she has found nothing wrong. When we try I am not that far in and she is in pain, we make sure she is well lubricated but this does not seem to help. It's got to the stage where my girlfriend is too scared to try and if we do she is too worried about getting hurt that it's difficult for her to get aroused. Do you have any advice on what we should do or try?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It may be that she has vaginismus, involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles. The sexologist will be able to help you with this.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.