Question
Posted by: Advice pls! | 2004/11/04

pain

Hi, I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend. She has been experiencing pain during intercourse for most of this year and isn't sure what to do. For the first couple of years we had a great sex life but this year we've been struggling due to the pain. She has been to her Gynae twice to have a checkup and she has found nothing wrong. When we try I am not that far in and she is in pain, we make sure she is well lubricated but this does not seem to help. It's got to the stage where my girlfriend is too scared to try and if we do she is too worried about getting hurt that it's difficult for her to get aroused. Do you have any advice on what we should do or try?

It may be that she has vaginismus, involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles. The sexologist will be able to help you with this.