Question
Posted by: pikkie | 2002/12/10

PAIN!!!

Dear doc,

I have had pain in the left side of my face for the past 5 days. I went to the dentist, and he couldn't see anything wrong. It is virtually my top and bottom jaw from my middle front teeth all the way back. What is causing this?

Pikkie, it’s difficult to say without examining you first. It might be due to sinusitis, inflammation of the nerve that supplies the specific area, problems with the jaw joint, infection of the parotid gland, etc. If it doesn’t clear up soon, the best would be to see your doctor. In the meantime you can try taking some anti-inflammatories like Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc. Good luck.