Question
Posted by: Pam | 2002/12/07

Pain

Hi I am experiencing pain which starts just below my breast and appears to move laterally towards my back. At time it feels like colic. It mainly appears in the late afternnoon lasting till late a night. I have been to see my GP, but he has no remedy. Could you help, thanks

Pam, it might be due to a host of things including your heart. I’m sure he made sure it’s not your heart and that he’s not worried anymore. If you mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you something I wrote a while ago on the non-cardiac causes of chest pain. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Please do so as a new question otherwise I will miss it. Good luck.