advertisement
Question
Posted by: Donna | 2004/11/02

Oyster Mushrooms

I have no idea if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes anyway...

I don't have any known allergies to anything at all, but the last (in fact, the ONLY) 3 times I've eaten oyster mushrooms, I've been sick as a dog for several hours.

Is there something in oyster mushrooms that doesn't occur elsewhere, especially in other kinds of mushrooms? Or am I perhaps incorrectly blaming them for the reaction I had? I suppose it may be possible that there was some other ingredient in the food....

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Maybe you must confirm that you are not allergic to mushrooms or other fungal organisms. Ask a lab to test you for that with a RAST test for the suspected substance/food.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement