Question
Posted by: Donna | 2004/11/02

Oyster Mushrooms

I have no idea if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes anyway...

I don't have any known allergies to anything at all, but the last (in fact, the ONLY) 3 times I've eaten oyster mushrooms, I've been sick as a dog for several hours.

Is there something in oyster mushrooms that doesn't occur elsewhere, especially in other kinds of mushrooms? Or am I perhaps incorrectly blaming them for the reaction I had? I suppose it may be possible that there was some other ingredient in the food....

Expert ImageArchive

Maybe you must confirm that you are not allergic to mushrooms or other fungal organisms. Ask a lab to test you for that with a RAST test for the suspected substance/food.