Question
Posted by: Louise | 2008/01/24

Ovulation - Trying to get pregnant

I'm 26 yrs old and already have one child, daughter 3yrs 3 months. My husband and I decided to have another child. I stopped using birth control (Triphasil) in September 2007. I need some advice on when I'm ovulating. I know there's a site that I can work out if I put my lenght of cycle in, but I'm a bit confused because I'm not quite sure if Im 28 or 29 day cycle. If I work it out I get 28 and some months 29. Here is the days that I started my last 4 menstrual cycles: 22 Oct '07, 20 Nov '07, 18 Dec '07 and 16 Jan '08. It will appreciate it if doctor can let me know and if you can also advise me on how long more or less it should take for us to get pregnant. I'm not sure if its important to mention, but after I had my first child in 2004 I started using birth control (I cant remeber which one, I just know it was the one that you use while breastfeeding)for 10 months then changed over to 3 month injection. Only had the injection twice then I went onto Triphasil.
Is it neccesary for me to visit my gynae before I get pregnant? The last time I visited him was a year ago and that was before we decided to have another child and everything was still ok with me.

Your advice will be very much appreciated.
Thank You

It doesn't really matter if your cycle is sometimes 28 and sometimes 29 days. You would ovulate on Day 14 or 15 and you should have sex from two days before this to two days after. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive. It is probably a good idea to see your gynae as it has been a year since your last visit.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/01/25

you can visit the following site and it will give you an indication of when you should ovulate. good luck. You should ovulate this month on the 30 or 31 January.

it can take a healthy couple who have never used contraception up to 1 year to concieve.

wwwDOTaskdramyDOTcom/ovulationcalc

Reply to Nix