Posted by: mandy | 2004/01/21

Ovulation test

Have read your info re ovulation on noticeboard, however I
have an irregular cycle normally longer than 28 days.
It could be anything between 30 and 38 days, which makes
it harder to know when I'm ovulating. Are there any products on the market that I could get from a pharmacy to confirm when I'm ovulating . this is my first time so I don't want to just go in and not know what to ask for. Any suggestions?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

As Curious says, you could buy an ovulation detector kit at the pharmacy.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Curious | 2004/01/21

Hi Mandy
I have the exact same problem and have been told that you get ovulation strips at the chemist. They are quite pricey at around R250 for 5 strips. I think it works like a midstream pregnancy test whereby it can tell from your urine whether you're ovulating at that time or not. I have not tried it myself, so pls let me know if it works.
Good luck!

Reply to Curious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.