Question
Posted by: ML | 2006/11/10

Ovulation (PCOS sufferer)

I have PCOS and am taking Glucophage. Since I stopped taking the pill in March this year, I have had fairly regular periods. The length of my cycles differ a bit (between 23 and 28 days), but I've had a cycle each month. We are not actively trying for a baby, we want to start next year. How do I know if I am indeed ovulating? I only get the typical ovulation discharge about a week before my period. I've seen Ovulation Kits at the pharmacy, but how accurate are they really?

I'm not seeing a gynae at the moment, will only do that once I am on my new medical aid next year. Is there a way that I can find out in the meanwhile if I do ovulate or not?

ML

The most accurate way is to have a blood test done.

1
Posted by: m.b | 2006/11/12

take ur temp with a digital thermometer....wen u ovulate...ur temp goes up abit...eg.. from day 1-12 ur temp is about 36deg. wen u ovulate it could go up to about 36.5 or 36.8
g.luck
ps i dont blv the kits at the pharmacy work....temp is more accurate
keep a record of ur temp daily......it'l help wen u decide to conceive.ps i also have pcos!i wish id started trying sooner...

Reply to m.b