Question

Ovulation Pains

My hubby and I have been trying to fall pregnant. I used an ovulation test (for 1 week) to check when I ovulate (my cycles vary from month to month), however, the tests did not pick up any ovulation. I do get pains on the lower left side of my pelvis, which I assume to be ovulation pains. Would it help to have sex when I feel these pains - do the pains mean that ovulation has already happened, or do they mean that it would be the right time to conceive? Please advise.

It would be best to have a fromal blood test to see whether you are, in fact, ovulating.