Question
Posted by: MissPrincess | 2005/07/11

Ovulation pains??

Hi There,
Not sure if this is a weird question, but here goes...
On a certain time of the month I have this sharp pain (not very sore, more uncomfortable) on my lower tummy area, I would say my utherus. This lasts for about 2 - 3 days and its around ovulation time. The pain is worse when I sneeze!
Could this actually be "ovulation pains", is there even something like that? The "uncomfortableness" is only on the left and right side, not the middle of the lower tummy/utherus, thats why I drew the assumption that it might be my ovaries...
Thanks,
xxx

It sounds like ovulation pain, though 3 days is perhaps a bit long to feel it.

2
Posted by: Bianca | 2005/07/11

Hello,

I do feel pains when I ovulate but it doesn't last for 2 or 3 days. It happens on the day of ovulations and isn't really sore, just slightly uncomfortable and occassionally sharp. 3 days is a long time, you should see a doctor - perhaps you should ask your gynae to check for ovarian cysts ?

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/11

I've personally never experienced something like that and would definitely recommend that you ask your gynae about it.

Reply to Tina