Question
Posted by: Nicki | 2004/10/26

Ovulation pains

Hi Gynaedoc

I have been TTC for the past 6 months, still trying. But was a little concerned this cycle as I had very severe ovulation pains on my right. I only have my right ovary as the other ovary was removed due to a tumor... since having removed my left ovary, i have been getting slight ovulation pain but this month it was really severe, I could barely sleep. Also the pain was on day 9 of my cycle and I usually ovulate around day12 or 13. Does this sound normal?........

Regards,
Nicki

No, this does not really sound normal. It could just have been an early ovulation or there could have been another cause for your pain. It is hard to say without examining you.