Question
Posted by: Annon | 2007/03/02

Ovulation kit

What is an ovulation kit and what does it entale one to do and where do you get one? Does it have to be prescribed by your doctor or do you get one from the pharmacy?
Just out of interest

Dear Annon

Ovulation monitoring kits can be purchased over the counter and the most recommended type would be the urine testing kit such as Clearplan or Clear blue. This is a simple urine dipstick test which takes no more than 3-4 minutes and is fairly easily understood. n general the monitoring is for 5 days only, from approx. day 10 -14 of a regular 28 day cycle.
In some cases the test period may have to be extended if the cycle lenght is variable or exceeds 30 days.

10
Posted by: Regular | 2007/03/06

I bought mine from a website called getpregnantDOTcoDOTza.

Much cheaper!!!

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Annon | 2007/03/05

I bought one this weekend at dis-chem and i paid R200 for it for 5 strips. ClearBlue was the one i bought but im sure you could get cheaper ones to...?

Reply to Annon
Posted by: G | 2007/03/05

I think its about R130 for 10 tests.

Reply to G
Posted by: nelisa | 2007/03/03

hw much this it cost????

Reply to nelisa
Posted by: G | 2007/03/02

Pleasure. Good luck. Hope you get pregnant soon :)

Reply to G
Posted by: Annon | 2007/03/02

Feeling really stupid now... blushing!!
Thanks Guys i really appreciate all the help!!
:)

Have a great weekend

Reply to Annon
Posted by: G | 2007/03/02

As J said, a HPT is a home pregnancy test so you will only do that once you have missed your period :)

Reply to G
Posted by: J | 2007/03/02

HPT stands for Home Prengancy Test.

Reply to J
Posted by: Anonn | 2007/03/02

Thanks G i really appreciate it. But can i ask a stupid question now what is HPT? YOu see i really want to have a baby and it will be my first and so far no luck. I would greatly appreciate the help. And how does HPT work which is better between HPT and an ovulation kit?
Thanks again.

Reply to Anonn
Posted by: G | 2007/03/02

It is very similar to a HPT in that you also pee on a stick. It tests for lutenising hormone which is released to make your ovary release the egg. You can buy one from any pharmacy/Clicks. Clearplan seems to be the most popular. Good luck!

Reply to G