Question
Posted by: Kayla | 2004/12/13

Ovulation induction

What is the next step to induce ovulation after Clomid. In other words, if clomid dit not work - what else could be given ord one to bring on ovulation.

The dose of Clomid can be increased, or Pergonal injections can be used. The low progesterone means that you are not ovulating, not that you hve premature ovarian failure.

3
Posted by: Kayla | 2004/12/13

No I am not the Kayla that lost a baby. Sorry to hear about that though. No, I am new to the site.
I started on 50 mg clomid. This went up to 100mg clomid and last month I had 150mg clomid from day 5-10. I am also on Prempak (HRT) at the same time. I am only 23 years old and did not think getting pregnant will be this hard. My Gynae is apparently good and came very highly recommended. But he does not explain or dicuss anything to me. he just gives me the script and then I read up about it on the net. I do know that my progestorone is very low. On my last cycle of clomid we tested it and my progestorone leval was only 4.

I think i may have premature ovatian failure, But surely the doctor would know and tell me if this was the case?
Anyhow, I just wondered what is going to happened next. (I am not a very patient person and this is just killing me...) My next appointment is 10 January.

Reply to Kayla
Posted by: mummy | 2004/12/13

As far as I know, if the clomid did not work for you, then the dose was too small. The gynae would then increase the dose until you do ovulate satisfactorily. Each woman is different, and some ladies need higher doses of the drug to ovulate.
Good luck to you, I have been this route and my baby is due next year in March.

Reply to mummy
Posted by: B | 2004/12/13

Kayla,

Are you the same Kayla that recently lost your baby? Are you trying for another one?

If so, best of luck!

Reply to B