Question
Posted by: pokkel | 2004/02/10

Ovulation - funny smell?

I have been trying to fall pregnant for the about 6 months now, I have been off "the pill" for about 2 years now. I have regular cycles and should in theory have my ovulation period from 11 to 15th day, I am now on day 14 and since yesterday I have this funny smell, almost as if i'm smelling the serum all day, is this normal? Is it the ovulation I'm smelling, or is it the serum coming out of me? I've never experienced this smell before. Could this mean that I did not ovulate before?

I am not sure what you mean by serum. What often happens is that if you concentrate on looking for ovulation and mucus changes, you notice things which have always been there but which you have not noticed before because you have not been concentrating so hard. I would suggest that you see what happens in the next few days. If the small persists, you may have to consult a doctor. A smell would not indicate either ovulation or pregnancy.

4
Posted by: mlk | 2004/02/11

I don't believe that you can smell pregnancy or ovulation.I might be ignorant but i've never heard of such a thing in my life.

Reply to mlk
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/11

Sorry for my ingorance Honey, but I did not know that you can tell that you are pregnant by a smell ????

Pokkel, I would suggest that you rather do a home pregnancy test once your period is 5 days+ late. OR you can go for a blood test the day your period is due. Rather confirm this with appropriate tests!

Take care and I will be holding thumbs!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: pokkel | 2004/02/10

Thx for your reply. Does this mean I fell pregnant since I started smelling this? Or maybe before. I don't want to do a test now, if it is maybe to soon... I've been dissappointed so many times before. I will let you know.

Reply to pokkel
Posted by: Honey | 2004/02/10

Hey, it means you are pragnant. Check it out with your doctor.
Please let me know if this is true.

Reply to Honey