Question
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/02

Ovulation detector kits??? - Help - Dee!

Hey there, well this month i'm gonna be purchasing the kit, but i need to know -

there are only 5 tests in the kit, what days to i test, i usually have a cycle between 31 - 34 days. what result will i have to look for? and how long will i have from a positive ovulation to have sex. i really want to fall pregnant now! Any advise will help. and sex everyday is fine hey?

Start testing from Day 16. The test should be positive about 36 hours before you ovulate. Have sex every second day from this time.

7
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/02

Sorry about your MC.

Speak tomorrow then!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/02

Oh goodness, i've been at it for 16 months now, but had a pregnancy in jan feb and miscarried in march - boo hoo! my doc says i'm healthy and should have no problem falling pregnant, i should just start relaxing i guess.

IVF in 3 weeks - exciting stuff hey, good luck and keep me posted hey!
Oakie Dokie Dr Dee, will probably post you another question tomorrow.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/02

Funnily enough there is a Dr called Dr Dee! I think shes been on Carte Blanche.

Yes, ttc #1 for 18 mths now, we start IVF in 3 weeks time, I cant wait! I have PCOS and hubby has poor morphology so we are a great bunch!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/02

Thanks Dr Dee, i'll definatley give you my vote. I also can't hold my wee that long, i'm lucky if i can hold it for 30 mins (and that's when i'm not pregnant).
Do you have any kids?? You are TTC hey?

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/02

Funny! Well I do enjoy answering these questions way more than my normal job, maybe I should apply for the position!

Anyway ppl say that you shouldnt use first morning urine coz its too concentrated and might give you a false +. But I used to test with FMU and used to get -'s and then finally it turned to +, so its up to you, personally I cant hold my pee for 4 hours during the day.

PS ask as many questions as you want!!!

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Nix | 2007/08/02

Thanks Dee, i knew you'd be able to help. They should employ you to be the new gynae doc, you respond fast. will probably be posting more questions soon. so if i test every morning first thing is that okay?

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Dee | 2007/08/02

Hi Nix,
I would start testing on CD15, every day at the same time and you must hold ur urine for at least 4 hours. You might want to get 2 packs of sticks if you want to start testing earlier than CD15. You need both test lines to be dark, thats a +. After the + u will ov approx 36-48 hours later so you must BD as much as possible over that time. Sex everyday is fine, it wont make the sperm weaker - thats a myth! Let me know how u get on. u can get cheap OPK's at www DOT getpregnant DOT co DOT za

Reply to Dee