Question
Posted by: M | 2007/07/18

Ovulation, Clomid, Caffeine & TTC

I am currently on my 4th cycle of Clomid, 50mg. The last blood test showed a progesterone count of 101,7 but I did not fall pregnant. My cycle is 27 days and I know that ovulation will take place on day 13. My husband has also been tested and is being treated for thick viscosity over the last 3 months. Should we try every day from day 10 - 17?

Also, I read an article saying that as little as 1 cup of coffee can halve a woman's fertility. Should I avoid all caffeine and sugar to improve my chances?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Many thanks.

The usual recommendation is to try every second day in the fertile period. It may be that insemination would be a better option.
It wouldn't do any harm to avoid caffeine for a while.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/19

I switched to decaf since ttc, you get used to it.

As far as I know sperm with viscosity problems can be successfully used in IUI if all other sperm parameters are normal.

Reply to Dee