Question
Posted by: Marilize | 2004/02/18

Ovulation? and regular periods?

Hi Doc,

It's been a year now that I'v stopped taking the injection (nuristerate). What I would like to know is can one still have regular periods and not been ovulating?? The last 6 months I had regular periods between 29-31 days every month!! I'v been trying to fall pregnant but nothing! I got one of these ovulation microscopes (Lady Q) that works with sulivia and according to the microscope I havent been ovulating, but I still have regular periods - can this be possible?

Kind Regards
Marilize

A small percentage of women do have regular periods but do not ovulate. I would agrre that you should see your gynaecologist to check. Even if you are ovulating, it could take some time to fall pregnant though.

2
Posted by: Nix | 2004/02/18

Hi Marilize!!

I agree, maybe its best to see your gynae for a check-up. I always thought that if you have regular periods, it means you're ovulating, but I might be wrong?

Its only been 6 months though, so I wouldn't worry about testing hubby's sperm, etc now. See your gynae to check that you are indeed ovulating and then keep trying for another 6 months before taking it further - give it a bit more time.

See what gynaedoc suggests though.

Good luck and keep me posted!

Luv
Nix

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Jay | 2004/02/18

If I were you, I would go to the gynae and let him check that you are ovulating. Let him/her do all the necessary blood tests etc and also check your husbands sperm count just to make sure. I had a friend with very regular periods, husband fine and it took them 9 months to fall pregnant. She bought an ovulation predictor kit and found out that she was ovulating alot later than she thought - not the usual 14 days before her next period. It must be very frustrating for you.
I am on my 2nd month of Clomid as I dont ovulate and I also had one of those microscopes that told me I was ovulating - but not according to gynae and blood tests - I don't rate those machines personally.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Reply to Jay