Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2007/11/28

Ovulation after polycistic ovary syndrom

I am 24 years old, and my husband and I desperately wants a child. I have been on the pill for 9 years and stopped using it 10 months ago, my husband and I adjusted our lifestyle to have the best possible chance to fall pregnant. After monthly dissapointment I was in pain and went to the gyneacologist, I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrom, and was tested for ovulation, which does not occur. the right cyst was 6x6cm. I took provera, and the cyst reduced to 5x3cm, and was put on another 10 days of provera. My womb is also tilted back. How long after taking the provera will I be able to test for ovulation, and is blood tests the only way to test?
Any advice to help fall pregnant will be greatly appreciated.

The time to check for ovulation is on Day 21 after your period. Blood tests are the most reliable.