Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2007/05/31

Ovulation after miscarriage

I suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks of pregnancy on monday and went for my uterine evacuation. I have been bleeding since then and would like to know if it was period bleeding or just bleeding from the scrape. My husband and I would like to try again a.s.a.p. but would like to know when I will start ovulating again? Thanks!

Bleeding from the scrape. The suggestion is that you wait 3 months after a miscarriage to have a better chance of a successful pregnancy.

2
Posted by: Lizzy | 2007/05/31

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated!

Reply to Lizzy
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/31

your bleeding now is from the D&C. it usually takes 6 - 8 weeks for your period to return. and it's really difficult to tell when you'll ovulate again. just listen to your body and look for the signs, like "egg white" and pain in the side. anyway, don't feel bad if it doesn't happen this month. it's better to wait for your cycle to return. but i'm not gonna tell you to wait, i've been where you are now, and i understand that you can't. sorry to hear of your loss and remember you WILL fall pregnant again.

Reply to Nix