Question
Posted by: J | 2007/05/20

Ovulation

Dear Cyberdoc or anyone who can help...

My husband and I want to have a baby, and we want to start following my ovulation cycle. I don't really know anything about ovulation except that there is one particular day that is the best to have sex with the good chance of getting pregnant. I also know that most woman have a 28 day cycle?? I don't know how to work this out. Can anyone help me??
My period usually starts on the 15th and ends on the 19th of each month. Sometimes there is a one day difference then I start on the 16th but end on the 19th again. When is the best time for me and my husband to try and have a baby.

Hope anyone can help me.

J

Dear J
There are 3 ways to determine ovulation:
1. Taking your temperature
2. Looking at the vaginal mucous
3. counting days after 1st day of menstruation

See http://www.estronaut.com/a/ovulation_fertility.htm