Question
Posted by: Raditsela | 2007/04/23

ovulation

Me and my wife have been trying to conceive for more than seven years now.She was pregnant at 17 but not by me.We naturally assumed that i had a problem.On investigation the tests showed my sperm to be healthy.The Doctor gave us some do-it-yourself tests to check if my wife is ovulating and unfortunately so far it shows that she does not ovulate.Has anyone of you been in a similar situation.Please help.

Dear Raditsela

Failure to ovulate or impaired ovulation is a common experience in fertility treatment. It can fairly easily be overcome by means of stimulatory drugs either in the form of tablets or injectables. However, in certain cases such as premature ovarian failure or premature menopause this will not be possible and therefore the doctor needs to establish the underlying cause of ovulatory dysfunction. Also it would be prudent to exclude any other possible causes such as tubal damage or uterine abnormalities before attempting to correct ovulatory dysfunction.

3
Posted by: Raditsela | 2007/05/15

once again thanks for your advice.

Reply to Raditsela
Posted by: Raditsela | 2007/04/24

Thanks for your input,we are actually consulting one now,but is there anyone out there who has been on the treatment and then was able to conceive.Lin how is the treatment so far,any positive results yet.Please keep me posted.Do you have children.

Reply to Raditsela
Posted by: Lin | 2007/04/24

I have a condition called PCOS. It causes me not to ovulate. I'm on Clomid which stimulates ovulation. Have u been 2 a fertility expert? He or she could prescribe something that can help your wife to start ovulating. Good Luck!

Reply to Lin