Question
Posted by: Sam | 2006/11/13

ovulation

I am using an ovulation test kit for about 3 months according to the test i am not ovulating. i test from day 11 every second day. My periods are normal and my tubes are open. Does this mean I am not ovulating and is there something i can do?

Dear Sam

It is not recommended that you test every second day, but instead you should be testing each and every day from day 10 of your cycle. The reason is that the LH peak is a very short duration peak and is eliminated from the system within 24 hours. It is therefore very probable that you may be missing the LH peak in the intermittent intervals.

1
Posted by: G | 2006/11/13

The best thing to do to test whether you have ovulated is to do a day 21 progesterone test. Speak to your gynae/FS.

Reply to G