Question
Posted by: Daddy Duty | 2005/07/06

Ovulation?

We are a young couple.My wife and I want to fall pregnant but she is not sure when she ovulates.To me its a whole new language and I'm no expert on woman and their healt.Can someone please axplain this to me so that I can help us.

I hope' Lee's advice has helped.

1
Posted by: Lee | 2005/07/07

Hi there,

You would have to know your wifes cycle. Firstly lets take it if she is on a 28 day cycle. She will ovulate on day 14, this is when she is most fertile. The key would be to have intercourse 3 days before and maybe 2 days afterwards. You will know she is about to ovulate when she has a "clear egg white" discharge. Your sperm will live in her for up to 72hours. Also after you have had intercoursed let her lie with her legs up, this helps the sperm on its journey. Also now you are trying to conceive your wife should start taking her folic acid.

Take care and All the best!!!

Reply to Lee