Question
Posted by: Lavender | 2004/11/08

ovulation

Hi almal

Wil net uitvind of daar 'n manier is waarop die dokter presies kan bepaal wanneer jy ovuleer. Kan hy met 'n sonar kyk hoe groot die eiertjie is en so bepaal presies wanneer die regte tyd is? Of is daar 'n bloed toets om die presiese dag te bepaal?

Both scan and blood test can tell the time of ovulation within 12 hours.

2
Posted by: Lebo | 2004/11/08

Hi Lavender

You can check the ovulation predictor kits from pharmacies but apparenly they are a bit pricey. They work like pregnancy tests and alert you when LH (leutenizing hormone) in your blood increases drastically. You are supposed to ovulate approx 12 - 25 hours after the jump in LH. There's a microscope that can also be used. I haven't tried any of those yet, but if i can't fall pregnant the good old way by Jan next year, me and hubby will definitely get them.

Reply to Lebo
Posted by: GI Jane | 2004/11/08

I am not quite sure whether they can determine which day exactly you are ovulating but they can check whether you are ovulating at all - you can have a day 21 progesterone test done or your gynae can do a scan and check the size of your eggs

Reply to GI Jane