Question
Posted by: Renira | 2004/11/01

Ovulation?

Hi Ladies,

Is it possible to not be ovulating even if you get your periods regularly (28-29 days)? I have been to the Dr and he confirmed that I do not have PCOS.

I have always assumed that I must be ovulating as my periods are regular, but is there a chance that I am not?

Any answers will be truly appreciated. It seems like I am moving into month 11 now of TTC.

Renira

There is a chance that you are not ovulating even if you have regular periods.

7
Posted by: Renira | 2004/11/02

Hi ladies,

Thank you for all the help. As I mentioned before I do get my periods regularly so never considered to posibility that I am not ovulating. I had been to the gynae in Sept and he confirmed with a scan that I do not have PCOS and my tubes were fine too.

I was due for AF yesterday, still nothing but had a negative HPT yesterday so am pretty positive that I am not preggies.

This will be month 10 and if neg, i will be entering month 11. Although after my false positive two months ago I have stopped trying so hard and even stopped coming to this site so often, I don't think it is possible to completely take away the thoughts of TTC and still hoping it will happen.

I need to start considering the other reasons for me not falling preggies.

Thanks again ladies
Renira

Reply to Renira
Posted by: Jordon | 2004/11/01

Hi all,

I have been TTC for more than a year now and I got a new gynae last month nad found out that I have not been ovulating!!! My doc put me on Clomid and I went for my 21 day test today...

Reply to Jordon
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/01

When I was at my doctor last time he told me that sometimes woman seems to be fine and then in the end isn't ovulating he said she can

Be ideal body weight
Having regular periods
Have no symptomes of anything wrong

and then in the end not be ovulating, perhaps you should ask you gynae for a prescription to check if your ovulating, it is done between day 21-23 of you cycle,

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: WS | 2004/11/01

Hi, Renira! I fully agree with Shirls because I was not ovulating even though I got my periods every month up until I found out I was not ovulating every month - now I get it much later even though it still comes every month but with a day 21 they can tell you.

Reply to WS
Posted by: Suze | 2004/11/01

Hi Renira. I am certainly not a doctor but I would think that this is highly unlikely. Perhaps try and chart your cycle and based on the number of days before your next period is due to start, guage when you are ovulating. You can then buy ovulating tests kits (Similar to pregnancy test kit) from any pharmacy and use one each day for the few days before, during and after you think you are ovulating. This will tell you clearly. Why do you think that you are not ovulating?

Reply to Suze
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/11/01

HI Renira,

The easiest way to find out if you are indeed ovulating is to do a d21 test. Can be done at any pathology lab.

It is also possible to have regular periods but not be ovulating. Ask your gynae to refer you to do the test.

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/11/01

HI Renira,

Reply to Shirls