Question
Posted by: Jacky | 2004/03/12

Ovulation

Is it possible that I could have ovulated even if i didn't get the egg-white type discharge? My husband and i have been having intercourse every 2nd day from 9/10 of my cycle as i am not too sure how long it is anymore. after the birth of my baby in October last year it was 29 days in December, the next was 36 days and today is day 30 but still nothing. I don't always get the eggwhite discharge and can't remember if i had it when i fell pregnant with my son.

Please advise as we really want a baby.

Many thanks

Yes, it is possible. The discharge is not an absolute indicator of ovulation. Howevev, if your periods are irregular, this may well indicate that you are not ovulating. Perhaps you should check.

1
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/12

Yes you can still ovulate without getting the eggwhite discharge. Everyone varies in the amount and quantity of discharge so possibly yours is just so little you don't always notice. If your periods stay erratic you could have a blood test done to make sure you are ovulating. Your gynae can help you with this.

Reply to Wendy