Question
Posted by: May | 2004/03/02

Ovulation?

I came off the pill in Feb 03, and have not had a regular cycle since. I fell pregnant in November and miscarried early December. We tried again in Feb - using Clearplan ovulation kit, but no line appeared and eventually got a VERY light period. How can i tell if i'm ovulating as it is very expensive using Clearplan for a whole month!

See your gynaecologist to check with a blood test whether you are ovulating regularly or not. It may be that you are not.

1
Posted by: Tata | 2004/03/03

Recovery from pills contranception sometimes can take very long. And in ur case, since u hav fell pregnant before, that seems to me that u hav start to recover from ur pill thus ovulation is occuring.

Other method of detecting ovulation would be the rhythm method (where u measure your temperature everyday, the lowest one should be ur day of ovulation). But this method is not as spot on as the Clearplan.

Or maybe you can try record your period and from there work out your cycles-- Ovulation date should = (Total of day in a cycle)/2

Good luck!!

Reply to Tata