Question
Posted by: Zoe | 2004/01/22

Ovulation

I had my period last on the 11th January 2004. I am trying to fall pregnant and work out when i ovulate. I know a person ovulates 14days before the start of the next period which takes that to 30th January, day 20 of my cycle. Although last night when i got home from work i was checking my cervical mucusand it looked like that raw egg white although it was a bit discoloured. Was this ovulation or just normal mucus, isnt it too early to ovulate?

I assume that you have a 34 day cycle. Working out the time of ovulation gives an average. You do not necessarily ovulate at the same time every month. If you use the cervical mucus method, you should really chcek the mucus every day from about Day 10 and look for a change. It is possible that the change you noticed indicates ovulation on Day 12, so have intercourse now but continue to monitor the mucus.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/22

I would say that it is possible that you are ovulating at the moment. You are on day 11 of your cycle, a little early but not every month is the same. So my advice is 'go for it' :-)

Best fo luck!

Reply to Kate