Question
Posted by: Alex | 2004/01/18

Ovulation

I know this is a dum question, but I would just like someone to explain to me:
What exactly is Ovulation, and when do you know you are ovulating.

Ovulation is the release of the egg. Often there is no sign that this is happening, though some women experience abdominal pain at this time.

1
Posted by: sam | 2004/01/18

why don't you look it up on the internet - or in the archives here? try doing a search on google.com.

ovulation is when you release an egg from your ovary every month. if its not fertilised and becomes an embryo, then together with the thickened lining of your womb, it is flushed out your system every month - ie your period.

you ovulate 14 days before day 1 of your period (day 14 of a 28 day cycle).

Reply to sam