Question
Posted by: MICKEY | 2003/03/04

OVULATION

I went to a gynae for the past week to see why am I not grtting pregnant, the gyanae took blood tests to see if I'm ovulating, the tests came out to be that I'm 100% ovulating, now the gynae says I must come for the tests for tubes if they are not blocked, I have a 1 child already, is this necessary? Can I go over the counter and get fertility pills?

Thanx

Fertility pills only work if the problem is that you are not ovulating. As you are ovulating, further testing is necessary to see why you are not falling pregnant. The next commonest causes are blocked tubes and a low sperm count in your partner. Your doctor is correct to check your tubes and should also check your partner's sperm count.