Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2004/10/18

Ovulating or not?Time to try conceiving?

I would like to ask about ovulation as we are trying for a family now. If you have that clear discharge does it definitely mean you are ovulating and it is the right time to concieve? I am a bit confused as according to the ovulation kit if I have a 28 day cycle then I should only ovulate 11 days from the start of my period, but this is the 9th day(including the day when I started my period). My last period started on the 10th October, so I calculated that I would ovulate on the 20th October and today is the 18th Oct. Is it possible to ovulate a couple of days early than it says on the ovulation test. If so then I don’t want to miss out on a chance of conceiving. Also, yesterday morning we had intercourse so is there a chance it could have been the right time for conceiving? Should we try again tonight or wait till tomorrow? I really need to know, thanks.

Cervical mucus could be very inaccurate. You ovulate 14 days before the next period starts. The sperm could survive for up to 2 days in the tract.

3
Posted by: Tracey | 2004/10/18

Nix is correct above. Try using clear plan urine tests. They can be a bit expensive, but at least you know when youre about to ovulate

Reply to Tracey
Posted by: Nix | 2004/10/18

You ovulate 14 days from the start of your next period. ie 28 day cycle (with day one being first day of period), ovulation would be on day 14. If your cycle was 30 days for example, take 30 minus 14 and you get 16. so you ovulate on day 16.

Its recommended that you have sex every second day from day 12 to be sure for a 28 days cycle (day 12, 14, 16). Then you can't miss your ovulation.

Bear in mind it may take a few months to fall pregnant. If you're not pregnant after 9 -12 months, see a fertility specialist. You can also read up on ovulation on the left hand side----> or do some research on the net. there are lots of ways to tell if you're ovulating (temperature changes, cervical mucous, salivia or urine test kits, etc).

Reply to Nix
Posted by: b | 2004/10/18

to be on the safe side why dont you just do it everyday over the next 5 days to not miss it thats what we doing

Reply to b