Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2004/11/29

Ovulate twice in 1 month???

I am currently using the ovulation saliva microscope for the past 2 months and it has worked quite well. I can pinpoint exactly when I ovulate (earlier than expected) and I usually get my periods +/- 14 days after that.

For the last 2 months I have had 23 day cycles ovulating +/- Day 10 of my cycle. This month I seem to have ovulated on Day 10 and Day 15. Is this correct???

The weird part is that normally the test is transitional (1/3 ferns/crystals) +/- 1 day before the time and one day after. When I 'ovulated' on Day 10 (I forget to check the readings on Day 9), the microscope was 3/4 full of ferns/crystals (Technically meaning ovulation) and then nothing the next day. The same thing happened on Day 15 (less crystals/ferns - 1/2), but no transitional period on Day 14 or 16.

My hubby and I did have intercourse on Day 9. Is it possible that I'm showing 'ferns' because of a possible pregnancy or did I ovulate twice???

FYI: I use the Fertile Focus ovulation predictor saliva microscope.

Thanks for the info.

It is possible to sometimes ovulate twice in one month. It would be a bit early for the test to be positive because of pregnancy.