Question
Posted by: Blom | 2007/03/13

Ovulate after day 21 possible?

Hi, last month my doc gave me Provera to start my periods. Day 21 he did a progesterone test and said I did not ovulate (results 0.2). Is it possible that I ovulated after that date? I took Provera again (day 33), and it is day 4 and no sign of period. (Last month it took less than 3 days). My periods while I had the Mirena was irregular but in the order of 35 days.

Dear Blom

It is highly unllikely that you would have ovulated after day 21 and even in the unliklihood that this should occur, the possibilities of conception remain remote. In general if you ovulate on day 21 the expected menstrual period will be on day 35 and this is outside of the norm. In general periods should not be less than 22 days and should not exceed 34 days for adequate physiological function.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/15

It is very possible. I only ovulate late in my cycle so I do my D21 test on around D28 instead. Provera can take up to 7 days to work.

Reply to Dee