Question
Posted by: concerned wife | 2011/03/25

Ovulatation

Dear Doc

I stopped 2 months injection last year in July, hubby went overseas for 6 months until end Dec, we started in January to plan for the 2nd baby , I strted getting my periods back in October. My cycle has been 22/21/24 days etc its never been accurate.

On the 15th February I started my periods (it was 24th day) bt strange enough it only lasted for 2 days only. Now my question is does ovulation day get shifted if the number of periods days decreases? Normaly my periods alst for 4-5 days...

Please advice

Yes the ovulation day does change. It is usually 14 days before your next period. SO for a 21 day cycle that would be Day 7. For a 24 day cycle it would be Day 10. As it cannot be predicted to the day, it is recomended that you have sex for all the days around this time.;

3

Posted by: SR | 2011/03/28

Has little to do with how long your period is (as long as you are having one) ovulation is 14-16 days BEFORE your period.

Reply to SR

My advise is to see a dr and get hormone tests done. That''s the only way you will know and get the help you need and all will be well after that.

Good Luck