Question
Posted by: Kaylee | 2004/01/05

Ovral

Dear Doc, I would just like some info, I am on ovral the contraceptive pill, and I missed it for five days - and then decided to take all five together not realise the possible implications. With in three hours, I felt terrible, I was dizzy, nauseaus, hot and cold and felt really terrible. I called the pharmacist in a flat panick realising that it may be the pills, I do understand now that one should not do this, and have now made a conserted effort to take it every day....... But what I would like to please know is why I felt that way? What made me feel like that? It has taken more than 24 hrs and I am still not 100% but alot better. Please let me know. Tx

You took a very large dose of oestrogen which would have caused these side effects.