Question
Posted by: Over worked | 2007/05/28

Overworked?

Anybody with advice as to how to raise with management the fact that you are overworked, struggling to keep to deadlines without it reflecting badly on a person. I've just learned the more you give, the more they expect from you. Problem however, it's reached the stage where I cannot keep the workpace taking into effect my children and part time studies.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

,,,,,

2
Posted by: Rox | 2007/05/29

Having been where you are, I can honestly say it is important to set up a time to see your direct management and explain the issues affecting your work currently. A good manager will sit with you and come up with a solution to reduce your workload to a managable level. Unfortunately this is not always the case, so ensure any plans they may suggest are implemented immediately, if they leave it too long you know it will never get better and then it's time to speak to HR. If still nothing than it's time to move on to something better. Your home/family life is too important. As they say, no one has ever died wishing they had spent more time at work.

Reply to Rox
Posted by: Tsk | 2007/05/28

I would give it to them straight and if they do not understand then I suggest start looking for another job. If a company does not respect that you have a home life and it is important then they are not worth working for. Life is short and it is pointless selling your soul to only be left with nothing

Reply to Tsk