Question
Posted by: Thea | 2004/01/12

Overweight diabetic. Need to loose 30kgs. Help!

I am diabetic and 30 kgs overweight. How can I loose this without jeopardising my health?

Deat Thea
I always recommend that diabetics should consult a clinical dietitian because it is essential that each diabetic has an individual diet worked out for him/her (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian). The dietitian will have to work out your slimming diet while taking you condition, degree of overweight, medication , level of exercise and many other factors into account. In the meanwhile click on 'Diabetes Centre' on the main Website of Health24 for additional information.