Posted by: Thea | 2004/01/12

Overweight diabetic. Need to loose 30kgs. Help!

I am diabetic and 30 kgs overweight. How can I loose this without jeopardising my health?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Deat Thea
I always recommend that diabetics should consult a clinical dietitian because it is essential that each diabetic has an individual diet worked out for him/her (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian). The dietitian will have to work out your slimming diet while taking you condition, degree of overweight, medication , level of exercise and many other factors into account. In the meanwhile click on 'Diabetes Centre' on the main Website of Health24 for additional information.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.