Question
Posted by: MAGS | 2007/07/09

overweight and wanting a baby

I'm married. I'm overweight and have been all my life. I have tried all the diets in the book and so far nothing has helped. I joined the gym but have a hectic day at work from 7 until 7. I work as a service advisor. My husband and I are thinking about having a baby but i'm really scared that my health or the babies health would be at risk due to me being overweight. I do not have any clue at the momemt what my weight is but I guess it is between 120/ 130 kg's which is a lot. I dont have any medical history and I'm comfortable with my body. Please help. Thank you

You are right that you may struggle to conceive and that you may have problems in pregnancy. The only way to lose weight is to follow a good diet and exercise program. I would suggest that you see a dietician to help with this. At 120kg, you are putting your life at risk.

1
Posted by: Riempies | 2007/07/09

I have seen people that weighs more than that and they have healthy babies without any problems what so ever.

If you want you can go for a "check up" at your Gynie and ask him / her if your weight will be a problem ?

Reply to Riempies