Posted by: marietjie | 2008/10/24

I am 46 year of age and my weight is 86kg and length 1.73m. Since I can remember I am one or another diet. Name it and I' ve done it. I think I am totally obessed with my weight. Last year I' ve lost 15kg with Weigh less to pick up 9kg again this year. One this moment I use believe it or not the injection and eatless pills with no results because I am not motivated enough. My biggest problem is my husband don' t like me overweight as well as my sons. They always makes yokes about me overweight. I can not handle it anymore! What must I do?

Dear Marietjie
Your present BMI = 28,8 which is above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). To get back into the normal range with a BMI of say 24 you would need to weigh 71 kg, thus a loss of 15 kg. This is a lot of weight to lose, but you have demonstrated that you CAN do this with Weigh-Less, so because the WL approach has worked for you, and it is based on a well balanced diet and gives you moral support which is something that obviously improves your adherence to a diet, I would strongly urge you to go back to Weigh-Less and stick to their diet. Only this time round you are going to do 2 more things to ensure that you do not sabotage your efforts: 1) Start doing aerobic exercise such as skipping for 30 min a day or swimming, cycling, jogging, or joining a gym where you do cardio workouts (don't do lots of work with weights as this does not promote weightloss as much as cardio exercise) and 2) try getting hold of some motivational tapes from Motivation = or and obtain their motivational tapes to motivate you to stick to your diet and the exercise/gym.
Do the positive thing and lose those 15 kg once more and then the joke will be on those unsupportive men in your life! I would stop cooking for them if they made jokes about me!

Posted by: marietjie | 2009/01/13

Doc thank you for your helpful answer and for the wonderful service that you gave to our people. I' ve read my anseer only today (13/01/2009) but I am going to read my answer every day for the rest of 2009 and it will motivates me to lose all these unnessary kilo' s I am carring with me!! I will let you know as soon as I lost my first 10kg and so on.

Reply to marietjie
Posted by: ABC | 2008/10/24

Go and have you blood sugar levels tested!
You are perhaps diabetes type 2 like me!
at a pharmacy or PathCare cost about R50
or if you knew a person with diabetes. for free.

Reply to ABC
Posted by: lil mama | 2008/10/24

My darling it sounds to me as if you are going on a diet for all the wrong reasons.Try changing your mind set and you will see the great difference Best of luck lil mama

Reply to lil mama