Question
Posted by: c10 | 2004/11/10

overseas trip VS gaining weight

hello
i'm going overseas from 30november-15desember and most probable into very cold conditions.my regular excersise pattern of jogging 40minutes almost every day & trying to manage a healty diet, will probable not be possible to be followed. Idon't think there will be time or facilities to exercise and eating in restaurants are included in our fees so that one can not be skipped. i dont want to get back into summer and picked up those extra kg again, with all the hard work I put in to keep my body in shape. what do you recommend? Should I try some kind of pill to control my fat intake or to speed up my metabolism since i wll not be able to do exersise wich usually did this.sos plz

Dear C10
I can understand your concern. I am however, not in favour of these different slimming pills which usually have negative side-effects. You would not enjoy your trip if you suffer from palpitations, insomnia, termors, irritation, etc. I would like to suggest that you keep active - I don't know what kind of trip you will be one (coaches, etc), but some sightseeing overseas entail a great deal of walking. In addition it may be a good idea to obtain a workout programme from Fitness Doc, which you can do every day - jogging is possible in most foreign cities as they are usually safe. When you eat in restaurants, choose less fattening options - vegetables, fruit, rye bread, etc. I know it will be very tempting to tuck into all the culinary delights, but if you keep your resolve in mind, then you will be able to be strong. Alcohol is very rich in energy (29 kJ/gram), so by only having one alcoholic drink at a session, instead of many, you will also be keeping your energy intake low. Drink bottled or soda water and artificially sweetened cold drinks instead.
I do hope you enjoy your trip

1
Posted by: C10 | 2004/11/12

HELLO (,")
thanx alot for your reply on my mail and question about going overseas(Turkey) and all. I really appreciate your effort. Although we're going in the winter-i realized that most of the hotels have heated indoor swimming pools!you see-already a great sullution!and stunning workout!
take care & stay well
cx

Reply to C10