Question
Posted by: need help | 2003/01/26

overeating!!! How to stop?

I'm a 18 year old female and I've always been active and thin but since last year I've been struggeling with my weight. I went on the body for life diet (to eat more healthily and too loose weight) It went very well but the holiday messed everything up and I've gained all the weight and centimetres I lost again (and more) and now I'm struggeling to get back on it. My biggest problem is my stomach area and thighs. I'm 1.7m and weigh 62kg. I'm under a lot of stress and then I start to eat A LOT... How can I stop doing this? I want to go back to my previous weight and loose centimetres. I try to run at least 4 times a week.

Dear Reader
Seeing that your present BMI = 21,5, which is spot-on for your height, I don't think you should try to lose more weight. You must have really been thin before gaining those few kg which have given you an ideal BMI. I hope that you are not trying to starve yourself into the beginnings of anorexia. If you have slightly heavier thighs and a rounded tummy, then you could consider doing targeted exercises to firm them up. Ask Fitness Doc for an exercise schedule that targets thighs and tums. If you are under a lot of stress then it is essential that you should eat a balanced diet which provides sufficient vitamins, minerals and carbohydrate to prevent burnout. Click on 'Diet' and 'View old Diet & Food site' and read the articles on 'Balanced Diet I-IV'. Don't put even more stress on yourself by trying to lose weight when your weight is in the ideal range already.
Take care