Question
Posted by: FAT | 2004/12/05

OVEREATER

I wish to see a psychologist that specialises in comfort eating, over eating, low self esteem. Do you know of someone who comes highly recommended. I live in jhb.

I doubt that any psych does or should , specialize quite so specifically, but there are a number with a special interest in eating disorders of various kinds. We don't recomment specific doctors or shrinks on this site, for a number of excellent reasons. But there should be an eating disorders unit at Tara, and either they might be able to help you, or to recommend some shrinks in the community who could help.