Question
Posted by: Christine | 2005/06/01

overdoing it?

I excersise twice a day: 15min on stationary bike, 10min on stepper and 5 min light weights, people are telling me that I am overdoing it, do you think so?

HI Christine

I am not sure - there is no yes/no answer to this one, unfortunately. What is overdoing it for one person is not for another and so it's complete up to the person. In your case, it would depend on how long you have been doing this, and also how you are feeling about it. If you finish that afternoon session feeling really tired and needing to rest up, or if you start the next morning also feeling tired, then probably yes you are doing a bit too much. However, the duration of the training is not that long - you are doing 30 minutes each time and some of it is fairly low intensity, which means you may be able to get away with the training. Doing an hour each morning would be too much for most people. All in all, if you feel that this is working for you and you are coping with it, then it's not overdoing it. However, if you are struggling, feeling tired or if you start feeling tired, then I would back off and just ease up, even if it is only for one or two days a week where you train once a day.