Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2004/10/20

Overactive bladder disorder

Dear CyberDoc,

I am a 27 year old female and I suffer from overactive bladder disorder. I recently started drinking eight glasses of water a day (I wasn't drinking any water before) and now my problem is worse than ever! I basically go to the loo every half hour (if not more).

My doctor doesn't want to prescribe any medication, because I haven't had children. At the rate I am going, I am not going to have any children, because I will spend my whole pregnancy on the loo!
I don't understand why the fact that I haven't had any children, has on my condition. I really, really need this problem to be treated!!

What is your opinion?

Kind regards,

Sarah

Sarah, I share your feelings about the pregnancy thing and I feel the best would be to see an urologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.