Question
Posted by: Gezzy | 2007/08/06

Over weight and still hungry!!!

Hi Doc,

I am a 20 years of age female and I have a problem losing weight I lose then I pic up as soon as my body gets use to the diet and I just want to eat and eat even if I am not hungry, I weigh 98 Kg and I am really worried that in the long run I will get bigger Iam tall but does not matter I dont feel happy nor healthy.

I need advise what to do and maby just someting that could fit my low buget.

Thank you for taking the time to read my Letter,.

Gezzy

Dear Gezzy
It is possible that the diets you have tried in the past have been too low in energy and/or carbohydrates to satisfy your hunger and keep your serotonin levels normal. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This diet should not cause cravings and constant hunger, so let's try once more. It is also essential to do some form of exercise as I explained as this helps you to lose weight and to stick to your diet.
Let me know how it goes